Apple is undoubtedly the sire of smartphone world and with its latest iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, it has further consolidated its numero uno position. The new iPhone 6 Plus is bigger, faster and a challenge to all the other companies like HTC, Sony, Samsung and Nokia, which are trying to stay alive in the hunt.
The iPhone 6 Plus uses the best hardware and new iOS 8 to offer the unbelievable user experience. However, the early experimenting or the careless attitude could bring down the performance quotient of your iPhone 6 Plus. In those times, you need to perform a hard reset on your phone and here below are some methods of the same.
Resetting iPhone 6 Plus
Menu Hard Reset
Being a smartphone, the Apple iPhone 6 Plus too has the hard reset option in the menu. And, here the steps to perform the process of hard reset from it.
- Close all the tasks and go to the home screen.
- Tap on settings option.
- Select general option from it.
- Choose the reset option.
- Click on erase all content and settings option.
- Confirm by pressing erase iPhone.
Once confirmed, the process will begin and within a few minutes it’ll be completed before you can use your glitch free iPhone 6 Plus.
Related: Hard reset Apple iPad Mini
Hard Reset using iTunes
Another method to perform a hard reset on your iPhone 6 Plus is by using the iTunes, and here below are the steps.
- Close all the windows and login into your iTunes store.
- Check for the latest updates and download if available.
- Use the original USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Take a backup of all the important data.
- Now, click on restore iPhone option.
- Click on restore to confirm.
- Tap on agree to start the process.
After getting started, the process will take a few minutes before you could use your iPhone 6 Plus.
Also, while performing the hard reset, make sure that you are keeping below two things in mind.
- Battery level of iPhone 6 Plus is at minimum 50%, to complete the process at one go.
- You’ve got all the backup of the data you want after the hard reset as once gone, nothing could be recovered.
If you’re taking care of the above things, then I guess it won’t be an issue for you to perform a hassle free hard reset on your new Apple iPhone 6 Plus.
hard reset iphone 6, how to reset iphone 6 plus, iphone 6 plus hard reset, iphone 6 hard reset, how to hard reset iphone 6