It is a very true fact that the dominance of the smartphones has lowered the importance of laptop and PCs, but still these oldies are trusted by a million people in the world.
One such laptop is Acer Aspire V5, which is quite handy with specifications and features. The performance of this gadget is considerably good too to treat it as an option while purchasing a laptop.
Though, sometimes maybe it gets attacked by the viruses or other internal issues and gets frozen or you wish to perform a complete factory restore on it while it’s troubling you over a consistent issue.
You can perform a hard reset on your Acer Aspire V5 as described below according to the operating system, that is Windows 7/XP and Windows 8.
Hard Reset with Windows 7/XP OS
This method of hard reset can be opted while the OS is getting loaded properly on your laptop. Here below are the steps.
- Click on the Start option and select All Programs.
- Find Acer folder and choose the eRecovery Management option.
- Now, click on the Restore and then click on the Completely Restore to Factory Defaults option.
- Now, choose yes on the popped up option on your screen and then click on start.
- The next click on OK and then on Next, followed by another Next and OK to the option popped on your screen will start the reset process of your laptop.
The process might take several minutes before you get the option to restart the computer.
Now, if the OS in not loading on your Aspire V5 then, you may require this option to perform a hard reset on it.
Related: How to reset Kindle Fire HDX
- First of all, restart your computer and press Alt+F10 key continuously till the boot screen appears.
- Tap enter key and select the Restore to Factory Defaults option here among all.
- Now just keep clicking on Next until the hard process starts.
Once the process is completed after 30-40 minutes, reinstall all the drivers and software to use your Aspire V5 again.
Hard Reset with Windows 8 OS
If you’ve windows 8 installed on your Aspire V5 then, follow the below steps to complete the hard reset process.
- Press the combination of windows + C to open the apps section on your laptop.
- Select Search option and type recover to find the Acer Recovery Management system.
- Click on it and choose Restore Factory Settings.
- Tap on the Next and choose fully clean the drive option and then choose Reset.
This will start the hard reset process on your Aspire V5 and will erase all your content and software.
Any technical device can get a bit dizzy over the time, but there always a pill to cure that hangover. The hard reset methods mentioned above will surely get your Aspire V5 back to the normal condition as it was before.
acer aspire v5 factory reset, acer aspire v5 recovery, factory reset acer aspire v5, how to reset acer aspire v5, how to factory reset acer aspire v5