The successor of the Sony Xperia Z1 was launched at the recently concluded MWC in Barcelona, Spain. The phone which is named after its predecessor, that is, Sony Xperia Z2 is quite a handy phone to use and flaunt among your friends because you’re actually holding a gem of smartphone world.
The Xperia Z2 will be available for the worldwide sale on the very same date which Samsung has chosen for Galaxy S5. Now, till the date comes and you’re out to buy your new Xperia Z2, let’s learn something about it, which will be very useful to you.
Yeah, I’m talking about the hard reset as I know that you’ll love to play with your new phone and then want it back in original condition. Well, the following 2-3 methods will do it for you.
Xperia Z2 reset process
The Regular Method
This method is almost same just like in every other smartphone. The following steps will do the needful for you.
- First of all, browse the ‘Apps’ menu to find the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now, if you haven’t had backup, then do it immediately and choose ‘Backup and Reset’ option.
- Once chosen, select ‘Factory Data Reset’ and click on the ‘Reset Phone’ option.
- Then, tapping on the option ‘Erase Everything’ will undo all the changes made by you since the time of purchase and your phone will go start automatically after a few minutes.
The one thing which you should keep in mind while doing the hard reset and that is, it’ll clear all the contact, messages, images, videos, apps, downloads and everything else from your phone without even giving you the chance of recovering it.
So, it’s best to make a backup of whatever you want or else nothing will be with you except regret of doing the hard reset.
Besides, there are 2 methods more to do the hard reset, which are as follows.
The Reset Button
Sony has provided the hard reset button and just pressing it will make the process for you.
You can find the button under the flap cover of MicroSD card slot on your Xperia Z2. Use a thick or moderate pointed pen or something like that to press the button and hard reset your phone.
The Computer Method
The one last method is also useful while upgrading your phone, which will also hard reset your phone. Here below are the steps.
- Use the original USB cable to connect your phone to your PC or laptop.
- If you’ve already downloaded the Sony PC Companion then run that or else first download that and then run. You can download the software from the below link.
Sony PC Companion
- Now, just go the ‘Support’ option and choose ‘Software Update’.
- Then, all need to do is just clicking on ‘Start’ and following the options which will guide you in selecting the ‘Factory Reset’ option and that’s all.
I guess the above mentioned methods are enough to make you learn the hard reset process and if you are having any issues, then please let us know in the comment section below.
hard reset xperia Z2, sony xperia z2 hard reset, hard reset sony xperia z2, xperia z2 hard reset, hard reset sony z2