The Google’s flagship Nexus series is quite a popular entity in the smartphone world. The Nexus phones are best among the android phones because of the camera, processor, latest android version and many more features.
The Nexus 5 is such a phone which is a hit in the market and a best one, but for those who don’t want Samsung but still want a classy high end android phone.
Still, nothing is perfect in this mortal world and so as the Nexus 5. It also has timely issues of hanging and viruses and the only way to make work properly again is to hard reset.
Here below are methods of hard reset for the Nexus 5.
Settings Menu Hard Reset
Before you practice this method, just make sure that you have all the backup of your data because once the phone will go through the hard reset then nothing could be retrieved.
- Once the backup is done, go to the home screen after closing all your tasks.
- Browse through all your apps and find Settings.
- Find ‘personal’ option under the setting menu.
- Now, click on the backup and reset option and then factory data reset option.
- Enter your passwords or security codes whatever you’ve set for your phone.
- Now if you’re finally sure about the hard reset, then click on the erase everything option.
The final click from you will start the hard reset process and after a few minutes you’ll have your blank and fully functioning Nexus 5.
Hardware Hard Reset
This method is only to be used when the phone becomes unresponsive to your taps. Here below are the steps which are needed to be followed to perform the hard reset using this method.
- Just switch off your Nexus 5 before pressing and holding the volume up, volume down and power keys together for nearly 12-15 seconds.
- Release the keys once the android logo appears.
- Now press the volume down key two times till you see the recovery mode option on your screen and then press the power key to enter the recovery mode.
- Now, without releasing the power key, press the volume up button.
- Release both the keys after the android system recovery screen appears.
- Use the volume buttons to select the factory reset option and press power button to confirm.
- Again, use the same buttons to finally confirm the hard reset process and wait for a few minutes to complete the process.
Once the process is completed, then you can use your properly working Nexus 5.
Related: How to reset Moto X
The Google Nexus 5 is considered as one of the best devices among the android family yet, it has some timely issues. The above hard reset methods will definitely help you to conquer those issues and return you the best android Nexus 5 phone again.
If you face any issue in performing the hard reset process using the above methods, then lets us know that in the comment section below; we’ll be happy to help you.
hard reset nexus 5