Nexus 6 is a powerful Android smartphone which was launched by Google in 2014. Nexus 6 comes with powerful hardware and amazing features which make it one of the best Android smartphones of the year 2014. The device comes with a massive 6.0-inch display screen even bigger than the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. This was a big jump by Google adding a 6-inch display as the previous Nexus smartphone, Nexus 5 came with a 5.0-inch display screen.
Not only Nexus 6 comes with a huge 6.0-inch display screen but the device also comes with powerful hardware. You will get a 2.7 Ghz quad core processor which is supported by 3 GB Ram. With this hardware in the Nexus 6 there is no chance that the device will deliver performance issues. Nexus 6 was the first ever Android smartphone which came with Android Lollipop, the latest Android operating system which is out right now. Even though Nexus 6 is supported by powerful hardware there might be times when your device gets frozen and you can’t do a thing. Even if you tap on the Power button you won’t see any difference as your device has entered in an unresponsive state.
Also read: Hard reset Nexus 7 tablet
As your Nexus 6 is not responding you can’t even do a Factory reset which will solve the things as it can be only done if your device is working.The best option which you are having right now is doing a hard reset or external reset. With hard reset you will get factory settings on your Nexus 6 but all the settings and data will be deleted from your device. If you want to do hard reset on your Nexus 6 you can follow the guide shared below.
Hard reset process
Before you start hard reset on your Nexus 6 make sure you are having more than 25% of battery and you have created backup of your device (if possible).
- First of all you have to switch off your Nexus 6. Once your device is switched off you are ready to enter the recovery mode. You can easily enter recovery mode on your Nexus 6 by pressing combination of Volume Down + Power Keep holding the buttons until you see something on your screen.
- Press the Volume Down button twice to reach the Recovery menu.
- To enter in Recovery mode press Power button. You will see an Android image. When you see the image Press Volume Up while holding the power button.
- You will see a set of options on the screen. Using the volume keys go to wipe data/factory reset Use the power key to make the selection.
- Navigate to Yes – erase all user data to remove all the data in your device. Confirm it using Power button.
- The hard reset process will be started on your Nexus 6 and will take a couple of minutes. When completed, reboot your device and you will see setup screen waiting for you.
In this way you can easily hard reset your Nexus 6 smartphone.