Smartphones Moto G4 and G4 plus from Motorola are blessed with high end configuration as they can easily execute resource intensive applications. The days of time lag are long gone with both devices boasting of 4 GB RAM memory and extremely efficient processor. Android based gadgets deliver amazing performance in the ideal world but reality is quite different. In spite of all the attributes bundled into a smart phone, problems might occur that may force the users to opt for hard reset.
Reasons for the reset:
Due to excessive downloading of applications or long term usage, you might notice time lag on the screen. Sometimes it might be accompanied by stuttering or freezing of the screen.
Sometimes people invoke the security features by setting the screen password. It is a common mechanism for protection of the data from others, however in case you forget own password, hard reset is the only choice to unlock the phone.
Initially when the phone is new, the apps are launched very quickly but with time the speed slows down. Since Android is based on multi tasking concept, interactions between applications can create lots of problems resulting force closing.
When the apps are launched slowly, the performance of the phone seems too sluggish. If the problem continues, it is vital to opt for the hardware reset route.
Another reason that can force the reset is the draining of battery life that might increase with persistent usage. In addition, the instances of virus infection to the Android Moto G4 phone can be resolved with the help of the factory reset.
How to reset Moto G and G4 to factory settings:
Accomplishing the hardware reset is a simple procedure that can be performed without any hassles. In order to perform the task, follow the below steps:
- Press and hold the power and volume down button together for few seconds.
- A menu will pop up. Here, press the volume down button to move to the recovery mode, and confirm the selection by pressing volume up button.
- Above mentioned step is essential to reboot the phone.
- Once the phone is switched on, the android robot appears on the screen with No command message. In order to get the recovery options, you should keep pressing the power button for 15 seconds and thereafter click the up volume button.
- Upon invocation of recovery menu, select the wipe data option using the volume button and reaffirm the intent with the help of power button.
- On the next screen, you should delete the user data with both the above mentioned keys.
- After the deletion of data, you may need to click on the power button again for the rebooting process.
Sometimes due to software malfunctioning, the phone may stop responding to the key press. In such cases forced reboot can be a wonderful option for the users. In order to achieve the stated objective, press the power and volume down button together. The process should continue until the phone restarts.
You can revert to the factory settings by invoking the factory data reset option from the back up and reset menu of the Moto G4 phones.
software for moto g4 reboot