Samsung Galaxy S6 edge is the second edge smartphone launched by the company after Note 4 Edge. The device comes with the same hardware specifications as of the Samsung Galaxy S6 but differs in design as it also comes with two curved edges. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge comes with a 5.1-inch display screen. The screen of the device will deliver resolution of 1440 X 2560 pixels. You also get a fingerprint sensor just like the one present in the Apple iPhone. The display is a super AMOLED display which will deliver great and crystal clear image quality. Coming to the hardware of the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge you will get a 2.1 Ghz quad core processor. The processor is coupled with 3 GB of Ram for delivering amazing performance. The device is available in three storage options which are 32, 64 and 128 GB and there is no option for adding external micro SD card to the device.
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge comes with powerful hardware specifications. There is one downside of the Samsung devices and that is the bloatware and the Touchwiz interface which comes with its devices. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge also comes with touchwiz interface which leads to slow performance of the device and hanging of the device at times. Resetting your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge will solve some problems which you are facing like lagging of the device, unresponsive state of your device and much more. All the data which is present in your device will be deleted and your device will return in factory settings.
Hard reset process
There are two methods which you can opt for performing reset on your Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. You can have a look at both the methods below.
Related: How to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S6
Method 1 (From settings menu)
This method is suitable for people who are having access to the Settings of their smartphone and their device is responsive.
- Open the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and then go to Menu of the device. Once you are in Menu, open Settings of your device.
- Once you are in Settings of your device open Backup & Reset option. Make sure you have created backup of your device as all your data will get deleted after you have reset your device.
- Tap on Reset device option. You will see a message saying Erase Everything? Confirm it by tapping on it and reset process will be started on your device.
Method 2 (From Recovery Menu)
This method is suitable for people who are not able to open Settings of their device. If your device is unresponsive you can try this method.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge.
- Once your device is switched off press combination of Power + Home + Volume up buttons till you see Samsung logo on your device.
- Use the volume keys to go to recovery menu and confirm it by tapping on Power key. Once you are in recovery menu select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm it by using Power key.
- Navigate to Yes – delete all user data and confirm it by pressing the Power key.
- Once hard reset is completed, you can select reboot system now.
Hard reset process is completed on your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. If you are having any troubles in performing this, post a comment below.
alternate manufacturer reset samsung galaxy edge plus